Kaunas airport is open 24 hours a day.
Convenient parking for people with reduced mobility is available at Kaunas Airport. Designated places are located in the parking area P2. Attention: those places are ONLY for people with reduced mobility or other special needs. Any vehicle, not marked with special signs, will be towed away. You can also park your car in long - term parking area.
Designated arrival points
In the parking lot and next to entrance to the terminal there are designated places where you can inform about your arrival our information centre employees. All you have to do is to push the button and tell what kind of assistance you need.
We are doing our best to make your journey as comfortable as possible. In our airport you can find special WC, special seats, lifts and escalators.
We need some your help while making your journey comfortable – please inform airlines about your needs when you are buying a ticket. Inform Kaunas Airport about your needs at least 48 hours before your flight.
- Arrive to the airport at least 2 hours before your flight. Be aware that check-in is closed 40 minutes before the flight.
Check if you have all your medicaments before the flight. Do not forget to take copies of the recipes of your medicaments. Above that, remember that it is not aloud to have big amounts of liquid in hand luggage. Liquids must be packed in separate containers, not bigger than 100 ml. You should put those containers into one plastic, clear and hermetic pack, not bigger than 1 liter. One passenger can only have one pack. For more information please visit this link: EU security rules at airports
- Make sure that your baggage is noticeable – it will be easier for you or for your assistant to find it after your flight.
- You can find more information about air transport passenger rights at European Commission web page.
Pursuant to Regulation (EC) 1107/2006, in Kaunas Airport you can get help to:
- communicate your arrival at an airport and the request for assistance at the designated points inside and outside terminal buildings mentioned in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) 1107/2006,
- move from a designated point to the check-in counter,
- check-in and register baggage,
- proceed from the check-in counter to the aircraft, with completion of emigration, customs and security procedures,
- board the aircraft, with the provision of lifts, wheelchairs or other assistance needed, as appropriate,
- proceed from the aircraft door to your seats,
- store and retrieve baggage on the aircraft,
- proceed from your seats to the aircraft door,
- disembark from the aircraft, with the provision of lifts, wheelchairs or other assistance needed, as appropriate,
- proceed from the aircraft to the baggage hall and retrieve baggage, with completion of immigration and customs procedures,
- proceed from the baggage hall to a designated point,
- reach connecting flights when in transit, with assistance on the air and land sides and within and between terminals as needed*,
- move to the toilet facilities, if required.
We do also inform on the following:
- Where a disabled person or person with reduced mobility is assisted by an accompanying person, this person must, if requested, be allowed to provide the necessary assistance in the airport and with embarking and disembarking.
- Ground handling is provided for all necessary mobility equipment, including equipment such as electric wheelchairs subject to advance warning of 48 hours and to possible limitations of space on board the aircraft, and subject to the application of relevant legislation concerning dangerous goods.
- The disabled persons or persons with reduced mobility are guaranteed temporary replacement of damaged or lost mobility equipment, albeit not necessarily on a like-for-like basis.
- Ground handling of recognised assistance dogs is ensured, when relevant**.
- Communication of information needed to take flights in accessible formats.
*Please be noted that the transit flights are not conducted in Kaunas airport.
** The fulfilment of this condition is subject to the regulations of an air carriage company.
If you need more information, do not hesitate to ask. You can call us: +370 61244442 or +370 603 16333. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have possibility to complain if you didn't get qualified service or if you felt discriminating treatment. Our contacts for your complaints or suggestions:
SE Lithuanian Airports Kaunas branch
Karmelava, LT-54460 Kaunas distr., Lithuania
Tel.: +370 37 399 396
Fax: +370 37 399 434
According to Regulation (EC) 1107/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when traveling by air, you can also address your complaints to the Civil Aviation Administration:
Rodunios Road 2, LT-02188 Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel.: +370 52 739 116, +370 52 739 029
Fax: +370 52 739 248
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council
Quality standards for assistance